Play the Media
Put together some updates for Play the Media for Windows, version 1.1.
- Changed main navigation item appearance.
- Added Soft Load toggle. When turned on, media is loaded into a collection but not displayed. This improves performance. This mode change requires an app restart.
- Added double-click inside the player window toggles fullscreen on/off.
- Enabled background playback capability.
- Added .m4v video support.
- Added support for keyboard shortcuts:
- + - Adds directory
- L - Loads media
- V - Video toggle
- A - Audio toggle
- I - Images toggle
- T - Timer toggle
- P - Autoplay toggle
- S - Shuffle toggle
- M - Mute toggle
- C - Controls toggle
- Shift + Left Arrow - Previous Media Item (focus dependent).
- Shift + Right Arrow - Next Media Item (focus dependent).
- Space Toggles Play/Pause is built-in to media player element, if play/pause button is focused.
- Removed text from icons to allow more button real estate. Text is still shown under tooltip.
- Added History of played Media Items (25 max).
- Added Previous Media Item and Next Media Item toolbar buttons
Play the Media for macOS is now available in the macOS App Store. This app is also available for Windows.
Finished 'Play the Media' app for Windows. This app can playback video and audio. It also can show images for an adjustable amount of time. This app was requested from a user, where they needed to play random media files. They wanted options for enabling/disabling timer and the ability to choose what directories are included in the randomized content.