Background Notes for Windows Help
General Information for Background Notes
Background Notes app allows you to embed text into images as note elements, then set the image as your Desktop Background.
As with other Note taking apps, be mindful what content you place as notes. Since background images have the potential to be seen by passerby’s, care should be considered.
- Click the + icon. Type in a text name for navigation item. Click OK button.
- Select newly create navigation item. This will load the view.
- Click Choose Image button icon in toolbar. Navigate to an image file and click Open button.
- The image will be placed into the view as a background image.
- Use the Zoom slider to adjust size of image to mostly fill view.
- Click Add Text. A new text element will be dropped onto the view. You may need to adjust scroll bars and/or click drag Zoom slider to view Text more appropriately.
- Click + Drag Text element around to desired location.
- Double-click Text element to open the text-editor sheet. Enter in desired text. Click Save button when done.
- The Scaling button can be used to adjust the scaling of Text elements. This can be useful for very large dimension images. Default 1.0 scaling will suffice for ~1920x1080 images.
- Keep in mind text elements will be adjusted after change and they may inadvertently move to off view.
- Click the Set Desktop Background button to combine both the text + image content into an image and set it as Desktop Background.
- To remove a text element, right-click it and choose Remove.
- To remove a Text element that has been lost (e.g. offscreen), right-click the background image, select appropriate note from list and choose Remove.
- To reset Text position, right-click Text and choose Reset Position. You can also do this by right-clicking Image and choose appropriate Text element and choosing Reset Position.
Choose Image for Background Notes
Click the Choose Image button to locate an image file to use as the Desktop Background. This image will be layed under the text elements. Choose a typical resolution file that is compatible to be set as a Desktop Background. Some image resolutions may be too high to be used properly.
Add Text for Background Notes
Click Add Text button to place a new text element on the background canvas.
Change Zoom for Background Notes
Use the Zoom slider to adjust the zoom level of the canvas & elements. Click + drag the canvas to pan around the content. Click + drag the scrollbars to move horizontally & vertically around the canvas.
Edit Text for Background Notes
Double-click a text element to edit the text content. Click the Save button to save the text element changes.
Element Scaling for Background Notes
Click the Scaling button to alter the text elements' scaling. This can be useful when using high resolution images and you need to increase the size of the text elements.
Set Desktop Background for Background Notes
Click the Set Desktop Background button to merge the canvas background image and the text elements together and then set them as the active desktop background image.