Skim Through Videos
Video Slide for macOS - Help
How To Use Video Slide to Skim through Videos on macOS
- Click the 'Choose Video Directory' button in toolbar to locate a directory containing video files. Videos will be loaded into a background collection and default to showing the first video from list. Videos in collection will be listed in alphabetical order. Care should be taken to choose a location with an appropriate video quantity. The more videos in a directory the slower the processing time. Fewer videos like in the range of 20-60, make for a better experience.
- Use the 'Clear App Data' button to remove the video directory reference from Video Slide app. Clear App Data doesn't affect any files stored on computer. Video Slide uses the Entitlement 'Access User Selected Files (Read Only)' - meaning it can't change any computer file data.
- Use the Slider along the bottom to drag left/right. Moving the slider will switch between videos from the chosen directory. Slider will only be visible if there are two or more videos. Optionally the left/right arrows in the bottom left corner can also be used to switch between videos. Those buttons also have a keyboard shortcut (left/right arrows respectively).
- Along the bottom of the UI will show the selected video name. Hovering above the video name with the mouse cursor will show a tooltip of the video path. To the bottom right corner lists the video directory count.
- Right-click video name and choose 'Show in Finder' to open the macOS Finder to the selected video's directory.