macOS Media Player - Media Slide
Media Slide for macOS - Info
How To Use Media Slide to Skim through Media Files on macOS
- Click the 'Choose Media Directory' button in toolbar to locate a directory containing media files (images, videos, audio). Typical image formats like png and jpg are supported. Typical video formats like mov and mp4 are supported. Typical audio files like mp3 and m4a are supported. If Quick Look can see/play it, it'll likely work. Media will be loaded into a background collection and default to showing the first media item from list. Media items in collection will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Use the 'Clear App Data' button to remove the media directory reference from Media Slide app. Clear App Data doesn't affect any files stored on computer. Media Slide uses the Entitlement 'Access User Selected Files (Read Only)' - meaning it can't change any computer file data.
- Use the Slider along the bottom to drag left/right. Moving the slider will switch between media files from the chosen directory. The Slider will only be visible if there are two or more media items. Optionally the left/right arrows in the bottom left corner can also be used to switch between media items. Those buttons also have a keyboard shortcut (left/right arrows respectively).
- Along the bottom of the UI will show the selected media file name. Hovering above the media file name with the mouse cursor will show a tooltip of the media file path. To the bottom right corner lists the media directory count.
- Right-click the media item's name and choose 'Show in Finder' to open the macOS Finder to the selected media item's directory.